Jun 8, 2009

Concert Reviews - Nortti

Welcome to the secret review of Nortti's [code name] first show. I won't go into much detail because I'll be writing a proper review sometime after the 25th.

Went to Semifinal the other night with Mikael just because he pursuaded me that it would be a good idea to go for a bit. Turned out it was one of my favorite bands playing a show! To boot, Mikael introduced me to everyone in the band.

I've never seen this band play before and they have just replaced their old singer, who I really loved, so I was interested to see what this would be like.

The show was fantastic. I got to hear a lot of songs that I wanted to hear and got a nice preview of the new singer's voice, which was very good. I admit that I didn't find him particularly nice when I spoke to him (or thereafter), unfortunately. However, the keyboardist and bass player were both very nice, friendly guys.

I advise anyone in Helsinki not to turn down a random metal show they might come across. You never know what you might find!



Year: June 2009
Opening bands: nil
Who I went with: Mikael Holmlund
Location: Helsinki - Semifinal
Me and the new singer... at least he was nice enough to take a picture with me.

No comments: