Oct 5, 2008

Concert Reviews - Alice Cooper

I agree with a lot of people in saying that old rockers should find something else to do with their time, but there are exceptions to every rule. I give this one to Alice Cooper because he is (was?) still putting out albums when I saw him.

This tour was for The Eyes of Alice Cooper and I must say, for an old guy he can still put on a great show. I was pleased to hear some of the newer and more humerous songs from The Eyes of Alice Cooper, but some of the old classics like No More Mr. Nice Guy. He can sing just as well as he ever could and he is an unbelievable performer. He may not do as much magic as he did in the old days but he brings out all the props, even having his daughter dancing on stage, and in a more memorable moment, throwing her around and to my disbelief, realizing she had been switched at some point with a doll that resembled her without my knowing. Even his snake came out (recovering from swallowing a heat lamp a while prior).

I would say as long as Alice Cooper is putting out music, you won't regret spending the money to go see his act.

Year: 2003 or 2004
Who I went with: Nicolas Kui, Heather Raffin, Kelsy Polnik
Opening bands: Supagroup (I think that was their name)
Location: Telus Convention Center, Calgary

No comments: